SCRIP Program

Everything You Need To Know About…

shapeimage_4-300x225

Download Order Form Here:

What is SCRIP?

SCRIP is a St. Paul’s program that provides a way for the school to receive money from everyday store purchases.

How does the SCRIP program work?

Cash cards are purchased for retailers such as Sentry, Citgo, Shell, K-Mart, Shopko, Kohl’s, Menard’s, Pizza Hut and many, many others. The cards work just like cash or gift certificates, but the school receives a profit from these retailers for using the cards. The profit percentage from each store is listed on the order sheet under the Profit column.

What are my SCRIP cash cards worth?

Cash cards are worth their face value. If you buy a $25.00 card from Shell, you will receive $25.00 worth of gas. The profit column on the order sheet shows how much the school receives from that purchase.

How are the SCRIP cash cards used?

The cards are used the same as cash or a gift certificate. Present the card at the time of purchase. If your purchase is less than the value of the card, a balance will remain on the card to be used at another purchase.

What happens to the money that is raised?

What you spend at St. Paul’s stays at St. Paul’s! The profits generated by your purchases can be applied as a rebate to tuition fees for your children; another family’s children (you specify); St. Paul’s tuition assistance; or Bethany’s tuition assistance. You have the choice of where you want the rebates applied.

St. Paul’s School PTO can also use the money for school improvements or purchases, such as playground equipment, school sports uniforms, social events for the students, or computer room upgrades. An additional benefit is that 75% of the profit your order generates can be allocated for a child’s schoolbook fee. The other 25% goes to the PTO for projects that will help the school in some way.

How do I place an order and when will I receive my cards?

SCRIP order forms are available in the narthex at St. Paul’s, the bulletin board at Bethany, or on the table outside of the school office. Fill out the form and return it with your payment to the school office. If the office is closed, forms can be placed into the slot on the office door. Make checks payable to St. Paul’s PTO Scrip. Orders cannot be processed without payment. Orders are picked up every Monday morning at 8:00 a.m., and your cards will be available to you that same week.

Scrip may also be ordered/purchased after school on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in the school cafeteria. On occasion, they may be available on Wednesday and Friday mornings, too. Scrip orders should be turned in my 8:00 a.m. on Monday mornings. Orders placed on Monday are typically available for pick up on Wednesdays, after school. We do carry a fairly large inventory of Scrip, and orders may also be left in the school office at any time and will be filled to the best of our ability.

When do the cards expire?

The majority of the cards are good for at least two years, at which time a minimal non-use fee is assessed if the cards have not been used at all.

SCRIP cards make great gifts!

Consider giving SCRIP as a gift for birthdays, anniversaries, graduation, babysitter, paper delivery person, college students, or any other “hard-to-buy-for” person!

Share

Upcoming Events

  1. Praise Kids Sing @ St. Paul’s Church

    December 13 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
  2. Girl Pioneers Serve Advent Dinner @ St. Paul’s Church

    December 13 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
  3. No Band Lessons Today

    December 14
  4. Minecraft Club (Grades 3-8)

    December 14 @ 3:15 pm - 4:00 pm
  5. Chapel in the Gym

    December 15 @ 12:20 pm - 12:45 pm

Follow Us…